Thursday, July 26, 2007

dead squirrel parking ban

My neighbor is crazy. By crazy, I mean she has about 25 birds living in her house and has never hesitated to call the cops to make inane complaints. She has never let anyone park in front of her house. And my dad just figured out why.
He was taking out the garbage and acknowledged a dead squirrel in the road between our house and her's. She indulged in a gut wrenching speech about how upset it made her. My dad came in the house to tell me he'd uncovered the mystery of her not letting people park in front of her house:
"It seems our furry friends like to hide underneath cars and then skitter out onto the road where moving vehicles duly hit them."
I simply shook my head. This dead squirrel was her rationale for chastising anyone who parks in front of her house and forcing them to move their vehicle.
He reached out to shake my hand, "Now... you know."
Then, making the symbol for crazy by swirling his finger around his ear, he chimed, "loo-loo loo-loo loo-loo loo-loo."

No comments: